Welcome on-board, and you're officially part of Deskera family now. Hooray!
After you have successfully sign-up, the next move you need to make is to explore each module's workflow in Deskera.
As a first-time user of Deskera Books, we suggest that you activate the demo company to play around with it.
Once you're familiar and confident with the flow, you can quickly migrate your data over.
Quick Start on Deskera Books
Once you have login to your account successfully, click on Deskera Books to access Deskera Books' features. Click on Start Trial to proceed.
Next, you can take two actions from here;
A) Explore our app with a demo organization
Choose this if you wish to create a demo organization. This action will direct you to the Demo Organization page.
You can do your test run here and try out all the features available in the system.
B) Set up your organization
If you choose to set up your organization, you will need to fill in your book beginning date and financial year start date.
You cannot edit the date after saving this.
Next, choose your tax residency and reporting currency and click on the Create button.
You can click on the import button to start migrating your data from previous software to Deskera Books.
Choose to manually import your contacts, opening balance, products, or chart of accounts data to the system.
After that, you get an overview of the invoice creation process by clicking on the View button under the Get Started section in your Deskera Books Dashboard.
To explore and try out other features available in the system, click on the Next Steps button.
Power User Checklist
You can use a checklist to guide you on using the features in the system.
Follow the eight to-dos shown in the pop-up message below:
a) Add Contact: Create your first contact here
b) Add Products: Add your first product in the system
c) Add Tax: Create the relevant tax as per your tax residency
d) Update Tax Compliance Details: Fill in your UEN number, for the company based in Singapore. Businesses operating another country can fill in their business registration number and tax number.
e) Update Company Address: Fill in the company's billing and shipping address.
f) Import Opening Balance: Import your accounts' opening balance to the system.
g) Connect Your Bank: Add your business bank account here.
h) Install our Mobile App: You can download the mobile app and log in using the web login credential. You can view your account's data on mobile app.
After checking all the tasks highlighted above, you are now officially a power user! Give yourself a pat.
You are now ready to use Deskera Books, and you can start creating and sending invoices and bills instantaneously.
If you skip the on-boarding process, you can always continue again by following the steps mentioned below:
- Click on your name at the bottom left of the screen.
- This will open a box.
- Click on the get started checklist to continue with the onboarding process.
- Follow the onboarding process from a - h as mentioned earlier to complete this process.
- Click on the sign-out button to log-out from your account.
Where can I find the support articles?
In case you need to refer to our support articles to navigate you better, you can always click on the Help icon at the top right of the screen.
Clicking on the Help icon will open the slider box on the right-hand side of the screen.
On this screen, you can perform the following actions:
- Search for the respective support articles based on keywords
- Join us on Facebook!
- Explore the commonly ask questions
- Click on the Go to Help Center button to go directly to our Help Center page.
- Contact us if you have any queries, feedback, or need to report a bug. Enter your content in the box below and click send. Our support team will reach out to you upon receiving your email.
- Lastly, connect with our team live using the chatbot available in your account
How can I change the language setting in the system?
- Click on the language setting at the top right of the screen.
- Choose from languages available from the drop-down options.
- Once you have selected your preferred language, the changes will be reflected in Deskera Books - the languages currently supported in Deskera Books are English (US), English (UK), French, Bahasa Indonesia, German, and Spanish