Debit Notes are used when:
You as a buyer:
- Are returning goods received incorrect or faulty goods
- Were overcharged by the supplier
You as a seller:
- Undercharged the customer
To create a Debit Note, follow the following steps:
- Go to the Accounting Tab.
- Click on Debit Notes and click on Create to go to the Create Debit Note page.
3. Select the Contact that is involved and the Account involved in the transaction.
4. Indicate the amount to be Debited and any applicable taxes.
5. Click the red SAVE button to create your Debit Note.
6. To use the Debit Note, go to a Bill from the Contact you created the Debit Note for to apply the Debit Note to the Bill.
7. In the Bill itself, select the 'Apply Debit Note' button at the top right of the page.
8. Input the amount you wish to Debit.
9. Click Save to apply the Debit Notes.
To export the list of Debit Note in xls format, follow the steps as mentioned below:
- Go to the Debit Notes in the Accounting Module.
- Click on the arrow on the right-hand side of the page.
- Select the Export as XLS button.
- The report will downloaded to your desktop/computer.