If the prices of your goods and services are constantly changing, be it sales or inflation, you can use the price listing feature in Deskera Books to help you record and save the product's pricing for future dates.
Follow the steps below:
- Login to to your Books+ account.
- Click on the Price List Module on the sidebar menu.
3. On the price list page, click on the "create" button.
4. Next, fill in the fields in the pop-up menu:
- Price List Name - enter the price listing name
- Type - Enter whether the price listing is for buy or sell document
- Currency - If multi-currency is involved, enter the respective foreign currency here. You can only choose a maximum of 10 foreign currencies here.
- Effective date - Enter the date the pricing will be effective on your sales invoice or bill document. Once you have saved the effective date, you cannot edit this date anymore.
5. Add the products here and update the products' pricing as of the effective date. You cannot save similar products here.
6. Click on the Save button.
7. After saving the price list, click on the three dots on the respective price list. Select assign button.
8. A pop-up menu will appear. Choose the price list and the contact name to apply this price list. If you wish to apply this price list to all contacts, tick the checkbox accordingly. If not, you can select individual contact name with the updated price list.
9. The price list will be updated in the contact profile in Contact Module.
How does the price list affect my sales invoice and bill?
- When creating your sales invoice or bill with the respective contact, the pricing of your products will reflect as per the configuration in the price list module.
- If you have created a sales invoice on 04-03-2022, the system still auto-populate the product pricing as per the price list.
- The subsequent sales invoices will reflect the latest pricing saved.
- The same flow applies for Bill document.
How can I update the price listing?
You can change the price listing for all the products in the current batch.
- Click on the three dots of the respective price listing batch. Click Edit.
2. Update the information in the pop-up menu. Click on the Update button.
3. Enter the pricing changes for all the products and select the currency that you wish to update.
4. Click on the Save button.
5. All the products' pricing will change accordingly as per the percentage indicated.
6. From actions column, you can copy the price list to create another price list batch with similar products.
7. Click on the delete button to delete the price list entirely from the system.
How can I import and export the price list?
You can import and export the price list to Deskera Books+.
To bulk import your price list, you are required to download the sample file from the system.
Then update the information in the file using the format saved. Once done, upload the file to the system.
Click on the export button to download the price list data.