Creating an invoice and a bill template for your organization is made easy with Deskera Books' document generator.
As a small business owner, if you have limited time to create a brand new bill or invoice template, you can quickly generate these templates straight from your Deskera Books account.
Please note that you can also generate a quote and an order template using the document generator.
Follow the guides as stated below to generate document template in your Deskera Books account:
- Log in to your Deskera Books account.
- Create a new quote/invoice/bill/purchase order.
- Click on the three dots of the respective quote/invoice/bill/purchase order.
4. Select the Design button. This will direct you to the document template generator page.
5. Choose from hundreds of document templates on the right-hand side of the page. Select the templates that suits your organization.
6. At the center of the page, you can view the selected document template. The information in this template is auto-populated based on the data on the respective document.
7. On the left-hand side of the page, you can edit and view the following fields:
a) The document type: Choose the document type for this template. It can be Estimate, Quotation, Invoice, Bill, and Purchase Order Template.
b) Select theme colors: Select the right theme colors for your template.
c) Under the Bill/Invoice Details, you can edit all the information in the fields as stated:
- Your company name
- Your company address
- Bill To and Ship To address
- Currency symbol
- Document Number, document date, and due date
- Indicate the line item information such as product name, quantity, the discount rate and tax rate. Add additional line item, if you wish.
- Upload your signature
- Input the terms and condition of the document
- Enter notes
8. Right after you have updated the necessary fields, your document template will look like the image above.
9. Click on the button at the top right of the document generator page to perform necessary actions:
- Email: Send the document to respective recipients
- Download: Save the document template in your desktop in PDF format
- Print: Print out the document template
- Share: Copy the link of the document template and share it on other platforms
- Go to Deskera: Clicking this will direct you to the main dashboard
Please note that the document template generated here cannot be uploaded in the document designer module.
Refer to the guide here to customize your template using the document designer module.