An invoice is a document with a list of products and services sent to your customers for their purchases.
In a typical invoice, you can view the invoice date, the company name, the due date, billing and shipping address, your customer name, line items, and the total amount due for your customer's purchases.
To create an invoice in Deskera Books+, follow the steps below:
- Login to your Deskera account.
- Click on Books + on Deskera Go.
- On Deskera Books+ Dashboard, click on Invoice on the sidebar menu.
4. Click on the “+ Add New Invoice” or “Create New >> Invoice” button to create a new Invoice in the system.
5. A pop-up will appear.
6. Fill in the information in the invoice pop-up menu:
- Company name: Your company name is auto-populated by the system
- Contact: Choose your customer name based on the drop-down menu. You can also create a new contact directly on this field
- Invoice number: Change the Invoice sequence number based on your business requirement
- Invoice date: Enter the invoice document date
- Due date: The due date is auto-populated based on the contact’s payment term. You can change the due date directly in this field
- Ship by (expected): Enter the expected date your customer will receive the goods
- Add field: Add custom fields in the Invoice document. Choose from the fields that you have created in the Master Custom Fields
- Add line item: Choose the products created in the Product Module from the drop-down menu. Once you have selected a product, the description, UOM, unit price, tax rate, and the amount of each line item will be auto-populated by the system. You have the option to edit these fields, including the quantity for each line item directly on this screen. Click on the delete icon to remove each line item.
- Price inclusive of tax: Enable this checkbox if the unit price is inclusive of tax
- Memo: Enter a short description of the Invoice document
- Attachment: You can attach documents to this Invoice not exceeding 5M
7. Verify the information in this Invoice document and proceed to save the Invoice.
8. Click on the ‘save as draft’ option if you have not confirmed the information entered in the Invoice.
9. For Invoice saved as a draft, you can only view the edit button under the Actions column. You cannot view the payment/fulfillment button as the document is in draft mode.
10. If you wish to view the payment/ fulfillment button, you will have to click on the 'save' button in the Invoice screen instead of the save as draft button.
11. On the Invoice canvas screen, you can also click on the minimize button next to the close button.
12. Click on the minimize button to help you shrink the Invoice page. You can view this page saved as a taskbar at the bottom right of the Books+ application.
How can I edit or delete a sales invoice?
You cannot edit or delete your invoice if you have already marked the invoice as partially/fully/ fulfilled or payment partially/fully received.
Before deleting an invoice, you need to ensure that you have deleted all the payment and fulfillment records.
Click on the three dots under the action column:
- Select the payment records - A pop-up will appear. Click on the delete icon to delete the payment record
- Select the fulfillment record - A pop-up will appear. Click on the delete icon to delete the fulfillment record
After you have deleted the payment and fulfillment records, you can re-edit the invoice again by clicking on the open button.
Edit the information by clicking on the individual field to change the data in the invoice canvas page. Save the invoice and the latest changes will be reflected accordingly.
Also, once your invoice is showing as unpaid and unfulfilled status, you can proceed to delete the invoice.
Click on the three dots under the action column. Select delete button to remove the invoice completely from the system.
How can I apply custom fields in an Invoice document?
In the Invoice Summary List, you can click on the "+" icon on the table.
A pop-up menu will appear.
Fill in the custom field name, field type, default value and the modules.
Click on the Save button.
Finally, you should be able to view the new custom field on the table's header.
If you wish to delete the custom field, simply click on the custom field header and select delete column button. You can only delete custom field that is not in use.
How can I search for an Invoice document?
You can use the search box to locate a specific document. Enter the Invoice number and contact name in the search box.
The system will automatically populate the respective Invoice document as per the contact name or document number entered in the search box.
Also, you can use the filter option to filter your document based on fulfillment status and your custom fields.
The Invoice document will be auto-populated based on the conditions set on your filter configuration.
How can I export my Invoice documents?
In the Invoice Summary List, click on the export icon to download the Invoice documents in PDF, XLS, and CSV format.