The Stock Reserve feature in Deskera Books allows you to fulfill goods immediately so that your customers can receive the items within the agreed timeline.
For example, suppose you have limited stocks available in your warehouse, and several customers ordered similar items from you - how do you ensure that you manage to deliver the goods within the timeline as promised?
To do so, you can use the stock reserve feature to allocate the particular stock to your customers that demanded the goods instantly. By doing so, the reserved stocks remain untouched. Hence, you can always fulfill this item whenever you want.
Follow the steps below to activate the stock reserve:
- Login to your Deskera Books account
- Go to the Product Module and start creating a product.
The stock reserves functionality only apply for normal product and serial /batch goods. This is not applicable for Bill of Material and service-related goods.
You can refer to the guide here to create a product in Deskera Books.
3. Once you have created the product, next you can add the product in your sales invoice or quote.
4. Go to Sell tab on the sidebar menu. You can choose to create a quote or an invoice.
5. When creating a quote or an invoice, you can choose your customer name under the contact section. Next, indicate the respective products your customers are purchasing from you.
6. Next, click on the More button. Click on the activate reserve stock button to activate the stock reserve functionality. You can also disable the reserve stock using the More option.
7. After activating the stock reserve feature, you should be able to view the reserve stock icon in each line item. Click on this icon and a pop-up will appear.
8. In the pop-up, you can view the stock's warehouse and the available quantity in this warehouse. Enter the reserve quantity for this respective product.
9. Click on the Reserve button.
10. The reserve stock icon is activated (the icon will reflect in green color).
11. Save the quote/invoice.
12. Once you have reserved specified quantity for this product, you cannot fulfill other sales invoice with the same product that
For example, if the opening balance for Product A is 100, and you reserved 5 quantity in Sales Invoice A, then you will be restricted from fulfilling Product A with 100 quantity in Sales Invoice B. The system will prompt you a message as per the screenshot above.
How can I view the stock reserve record?
You can have a general view of the products that you have reserved in Deskera Books. This is to ensure that you have a better understanding of the remaining quantity and the status of each product.
To do so:
- Click on Reports on the sidebar menu.
2. Select the Reserve Stock Report.
3. In the reserve stock report, you can view all the products you have activated the stock reserve in the sales invoice and quote.
4. Also, on this page, you can also click on the unreserve button to undo this function.
5. Next, select the sales invoice to undo the stock reserve function. Click on the unreserve button.
6. You can also click on the drop-down arrow of each product ID here and view the stock reserved applied for each quote/invoice document.
7. Click on the Export button to download the reserve stock report in xls. format.
Congratulations! You have successfully learn on how to reserve your stocks in your quote and sales invoice document.