As the admin of the system, you will need to create different types of leaves to classify the reasons why the employee uses their leaves into groups. This type of leave needs to be created before the onboarding process of your staff so that they are aware of what they are entitled to once they joined.
In every organization, it's quite standard to have emergency leave, annual leave, and medical leave. To add more types of leaves in the system, follow the steps as mentioned:
1. Go to the 'Settings' tab >> Click on the 'Leave Management' tab.
2. Click on the '+ New Leave Type' button.
3. A pop-up will appear, and the admin will have to fill in the fields as shown:
A) Under Details Section
- The name of the new leave
- Select the type Yes/No
- Enter the Number of days per year for leave type
- Leave accrual- Select either, One-time, Monthly, Yearly
- Leave accrual from - From the drop box select the option First day of the year
- Leave pro-rate - Select Number of Months, Number of Days, Disabled
- Enable or disable the carry forward leave- If enabled, enter both the carry forward leave days and maximum leave balances
B) Under Leave applicability Section- Select the Gender and Marital Status
Click here to find out more
C) Additional Leave Configuration - Add maximum calculation days and you can also enable to option to Active leaves and apply before confirmation date.
D) Years of Service Based Entitlement - You can enable it to YOS basis
4. Click on the 'Save' button at the top right of the page.
To view the type of leave you have created, go to the Leave Management Summary. In the individual leave type row, click on the edit icon to make changes to the specific fields. To remove the leave type from the system, click on the Delete icon. Under the status column, untick the active checkbox to change it to inactive mode.
Finally, you can apply this new type of leave to specific teams or users in the system.
Congratulations! You have successfully created a new type of leave in the Deskera eLeave system.