An Estimate or a Quote serves as an estimation of the price of goods sold to a customer and not a formal request for payment. Typically, Invoices are sent instead to your customer when you would want to request for payment of goods delivered.
On Deskera Books, we allow you to convert Estimates directly into an Invoice for a seamless, hassle-free experience.
To convert a Quote to an Invoice, follow these steps:
- Go to the Sales tab on the sidebar menu and select Estimates. Next, select the Estimate that you wish to convert to an Invoice.
2. Right-click on the Estimate and click the Convert to Invoice button.
3. A pop-up will appear above:
- Convert Partially: Create partial invoice for this quote document
- Convert Fully: This converts the Quote into an Invoice without affecting its fulfillment status. You may update the Fulfillment status later in the invoice window
- Fulfill and Convert: This converts the Quote into an Invoice and marks all the products as fulfilled (Please note, this would show up only if Sales Order functionality is disabled from Advanced Settings)
3. This will move your Estimate to the Invoices page.
Congratulations! You have successfully converted an Estimate to an Invoice!