Based on your reading on the Bill of Materials, you now have a clear understanding of the meaning of the Bill of Materials.
Here on Deskera Books, we allow our users to create the Bill of Materials (B.O.M) as well. We do understand that this is a crucial feature especially for those in the manufacturing industry.
To create your first Bill of Materials on Deskera Books, follow the steps as mentioned below:
1. Click on the Product on the sidebar menu and select the "New Product" button.
3. You can view three different tabs on this page if you select the type of product at the Bill of Materials.
4. Fill in the information in the first tab, General Info:
- Upload the image of the B.O.M
- Select the type of product as Bill of Materials
- Indicate the Product number of the B.O.M
- The name of the material
- Description of the material
5. Next, fill in the information of the B.O.M under the Inventory section:
- Unit of measurement
- Cost of goods sold account
- Inventory account
- Stock adjustment account
- Manufacturing account
- Opening quantity and valuation
6. In the Bill of Materials tab, enter the component product and additional cost associated with the Bill of Materials.
7. Once done, click on the Save button. You should be able to view the Bill of Materials in the Product Summary.
While fulfilling the invoice you can see the stocks available under BOM for that particular product.