Using Deskera Books, users can customize different custom fields in addition to the existing fields available in the system.
Once they have created the custom fields, they can apply the fields to different modules in the system. Also, you can generate financial report based on the custom field saved.
Follow the steps mentioned below:
- Login to Deskera Books account.
- Click on the Switch To button at the bottom left of the screen. Select Deskera Books.
- On Deskera Books' Main Dashboard, click on Settings via the sidebar menu.
- On the setting page, under general, click on custom fields.
5. Click on the create button.
6. Fill in the fields shown above:
- Field name (mandatory field)
- Enable the checkbox to mark is as mandatory
- Select the custom field type: text box, numbers, or multiple drop menu
a) If you select number: enter the decimal precisions and default value
b) If you select the text: enter the maximum length and the default value
c) If you select dropdown: enter different values for the dropdown
7. Click on the ‘Next’ button.
8. Next, you will be directed to the 'Availability' screen. You can select where you want the custom fields to appear by selecting the checkboxes of your preferred Modules.
9. Lastly, click on the 'Save' button.
10. Once you are done, to view the custom field you’ve created, go to the specific Module and you’ll see the additional field on that particular page.