An order is a document that your vendors shared with you for your intention to purchase their goods and services.
You can create an order document in Books+:
Follow the steps below to create an order:
- Go to your Books+ account.
- Click on the Purchase Orders Module via the sidebar menu.
3. On the purchase order page, click on “+ New Purchase Order” button.
4. A pop-up screen will appear.
5. You will need to enter the fields in the purchase order pop-up page:
- Contact: Choose your vendor name from the drop-down menu
- Bill To: This information is auto-populated based on your company bill-to address
- Ship To: This information is auto-populated based on your company ship-to address
- No: You can configure the order sequence number
- Order date: This is the date you create your order document
- Due date: The due date will be populated based on the vendor’s payment term. You can edit the due date on your end as well
- Receive by: Choose the date you’re expected to receive the goods or services
- Add Field: Add custom fields in the order document
- Add Item: Add the products and services that you intend to purchase from your vendor. The description, UOM, price, tax-rate and amount will be auto-populated based on the product configuration in the Product Module. You can edit the quantity and discount for each line item as well. The total amount will adjusted accordingly.
- Unit price is tax inclusive: Tick this checkbox if the unit price is inclusive of tax
- Memo: enter order’s memo if required
- Attachment: You can attach file in the order document not exceeding 5MB
6. Verify the information in this Order document and proceed to save the Order.
7. Click on the ‘save as draft’ option if you have not confirmed the information entered in the Order.
8. For Order saved as a draft, you can only view the edit button under the Actions column. You cannot view the convert/received goods button as the document is in draft mode.
9. If you wish to view the convert/received goods button, you will have to click on the 'save' button in the Order screen instead of the save as draft button.
10. On the Order canvas screen, you can also click on the minimize button next to the close button.
11. Click on the minimize button to help you shrink the Order page. You can view this page saved as a taskbar at the bottom right of the Books+ application.
How can I edit or delete an Order?
You cannot edit or delete your Order document if you have already marked the Order as goods received.
In order to edit or delete an Order, you will need to remove the goods received record in the Order document.
To delete the goods received record, click on the three dots under the action column. Click on the goods received records button.
A pop-up menu will appear.
Click on the delete icon in the goods received record pop-up screen to delete this record record. If you wish to print the Order goods received record, click on the print button.
After you have deleted the goods received record in the Order document, the Order status will change to not received.
You can then edit or delete the Order document via the action column.
Please note that you cannot delete the Order document if the Order status is partially received or fully received.
How can I apply custom fields in an Order document?
In the Order Summary List, you can click on the "+" icon on the table.
A pop-up menu will appear.
Fill in the custom field name, field type, default value and the modules.
Click on the Save button.
Finally, you should be able to view the new custom field on the table's header.
If you wish to delete the custom field, simply click on the custom field header and select delete column button. You can only delete custom field that is not in use.
How can I search for an Order document?
You can use the search box to locate a specific document. Enter the Order number and contact name in the search box.
The system will automatically populate the respective Order document as per the contact name or document number entered in the search box.
Also, you can use the filter option to filter your document based on goods received status and your custom fields.
The Order document will be auto-populated based on the conditions set on your filter configuration.
How can I export my Order documents?
In the Order Summary List, click on the export icon to download the Order documents in PDF, XLS, and CSV format.