UOM stands for Unit of Measurement.
So, what is UoM?
UoM is a way to measure the quantity of the item that are packaged differently.
Here are some examples of UoM that are commonly used:
How can I create additional UoM?
Besides using the default UoM available in Deskera Books, you can configure your own set of UoM that fits your business needs.
Follow the steps as mentioned:
- In Deskera Books, go to Setting on the sidebar menu.
- Click on Unit of Measurement (UoM).
- In this page, you can view the default list of UoM in the system.
4. Select the "Add UoM" button.
5. Click on the Save button.
How can I apply the UoM?
Go to Product Module in Deskera Books.
Under the Inventory section, select the respective UoM from the drop-down list. You can view the configured UoM here.
You can also add new UoM here.
How can I edit and delete the UOM?
All the default UoM in the system cannot be edited or removed.
You can only edit and delete the configured UoM in Deskera Books.
To edit and delete UoM, click on the contextual menu of the UoM:
- Edit: You can update the UoM's name and the description. Changing this will also update the product's UoM tagged to this measurement in the Product Module.
- Delete: You can only delete the configured UoM that has yet to be applied to any products. If you have used the UoM against a product, you won't be able to delete this.