Credit Notes are used when:
You as a seller
- Received returned/incorrect/faulty goods
- Overcharged your customer
You as a buyer:
- Were undercharged by your supplier
For creating a Credit Note, follow these steps
- Go to the Accounting Tab.
- Click on Credit Notes and click on Create to go to the Create Credit Note page.
3. Select the Contact that is involved and the Account involved in the transaction.
4. Indicate the amount to be Credited and any applicable taxes.
5. Click the red SAVE button to create your Credit Note.
6. To use the Credit Note, go to the invoices under the Sell tab.
7. You will be able to see the Credit Notes associated with the Contact the Invoice belongs to in the invoices.
8. Click on the 'Apply Credit Note' button at the top-right of the page. A pop-up will appear and fill in the amount to be credited to the customers.
9. Click Save to apply the Credit Note amount and update the final amount.
Once you have successfully created the Credit Note, you can export the list you Credit Notes in xls format.