With the rising popularity of online learning, it has been found that over 65% of millennials prefer to take online business classes to learn new skills, master their areas of interest, and gain practical experience.
Whether you want a job promotion or want to kickstart a new field, online business school classes take you through the journey of exploring the topic in-depth and building new skills.
One of the significant advantages of these classes is that it allows you to track your own progress and go through it in your own space.
In addition, all business school classes provide you with demo videos such that you can take the class online and see if that business school is the right choice for you.
This article has listed 18 of the best business school classes that you can take online free of cost.
These business school classes open the doors of learning and help you become an expert in whatever subject you feel is the best for you.
Following are the 18 Business school classes by some of the world's prestigious universities like Harvard, Wharton, and MIT that you can take online for free.
1. Entrepreneurship in Emerging Economies
- The course was developed by Harvard University.
- The course explores entrepreneurship and innovation to tackle complex social problems in emerging economies.
- The instructor for the program is Tarun Khanna, a professor of Business Administration and South Asian studies at Harvard University.
2. Global Business in Practice
- The course is developed by Georgettan University.
- The course covers an overall view of the increasingly complex challenges of global Business and senior executives working in multinational companies.
- The instructor for the program is Ricardo Ernst, a professor of operations and global statistics at Georgetown University.
3. Improving your Business through a culture of Health
- The course is developed by Harvard University.
- The course throws light upon developing and learning about the culture of Health and how it can transform the Business to improve the well-being of the employees working in the company.
- The instructor for the program is Jose Alvarez, senior lecturer of Business Administration at Harvard University.
4. Machine learning for data science and Analytics
- The course is developed by Columbia University
- The course focuses on learning the principles of machine learning and the importance of Data Analytics and algorithms
- The instructor for the program is David Blei, professor of Computer Science and Statistics at Columbia University
5. Retail fundamentals
- The course is developed by Dartmouth College.
- The course focuses on learning the key components of retail Business. It includes forecasting, product assortment, pricing, and inventory management.
- The instructor for the program is Santiago Gallino, assistant professor of business administration at Dartmouth College.
6. Supply chain dynamics
- This course is derived from the Massachusett Institute of Technology.
- This business school class focuses on managing and harnessing the dynamics and interactions between the forms and entities within the supply chain.
- The instructor for the program is Bruce Arntzen, executive director of the MIT supply chain management program.
7. Personal finance
- This course is derived from Wellesley College.
- This business school class brings light towards incorporating financial considerations before making any life or business decisions. It also helps you become an effective consumer of financial information and use it correctly based on situations.
- The instructor for the program is Ann Witte, a professor of economics at Wellesley College.
8. Financial Accounting Made fun
- This course is derived from Babson University.
- This business school class focuses on adding a fun element to the complex language of financial accounting. It encourages the learners to manage and grow the Business through these financial statements information.
- The instructor for the program is Peter Wilson, a professor of accounting and law at Babson College.
9. Effective business writing
- The course is developed by the University of California.
- This business school class takes you through learning the best practices and approaches to writing effective business letters, reports, and emails. Since writing is an essential skill for any professional, this course will cover formats and compositions that emphasize clarity in writing.
- The instructor for the program is Margaret Steen, instructor of writing at UC Berkeley.
10. Structuring business agreements for success
- The course is developed by Cornell University.
- The business school takes you through knowing the components of a business agreement and bridges the information gap to meet the needs of the contracting parties. Before starting your business venture or collaborating with third parties, the business owner needs to learn the importance of structuring the business agreements for their success. This course will cover laws, principles, and guidelines to create a successful business deal that fulfills the needs of the contracting parties.
- The instructor for the program is Robert Hillman, a professor of law at Cornell University.
11. Corporate Finance
- The course is developed by New York University.
- This business school class looks at the financial principles that govern the Business in making critical financial decisions. These decisions include raising funds, investing those funds in assets and projects, and returning those funds to the investors.
- The course is ideal for entrepreneurs and professionals looking forward to starting their careers in corporate finance.
12. Business blogging
- The course is developed by Hubspot Academy.
- This business school class will take you to create a blogging strategy that aims at business growth. It also focuses on curating quality blog content that can attract customers bagged through SEO
- The courses are ideal for the senior-level marketers who look forward to the company's marketing strategy.
13. Business Strategy specialization
- The course is developed by the University of Virginia.
- This business school class develops the ability to think strategically, analyze the competition, and recommend a strategy to position the brand in the market. It also helps you explore the underlying theory and foundation of building a successful business strategy.
- The courses are ideal for the existing businesses who are a part of the competition and looking forward to expanding their growth.
14. How to build a startup
- The course is developed by Udacity.
- This business school provides insights into the key steps needed to build a startup. It also covers various aspects related to building a business startup like business models, the concept of customer segmentation, and parts of the value proposition.
- The course instructed by Steve Blank is recommended for entrepreneurs who are stepping into a startup for the first time.
15. Stock Market Investing for Beginners
- The course is developed by Udemy.
- The stock market is one of the most emerging fields that the millennials are looking forward to learning, implementing, and diversifying their portfolio. This course will provide knowledge regarding the fundamentals of the stock market through comprehensive and exciting lectures.
- The course is recommended for a person with a basic understanding of the stock market who is looking forward to learning the art of investing.
16. Conflict Management specialization
- The course is developed by the University of California, Irvine.
- Due to differences in the approaches and perspectives of individuals, there are chances of emerging conflicts in the Business. This course provides insights into assembling a conflict management plan to yield positive resolutions and build a robust communication system.
- The course is recommended to the senior-level professionals who manage teams and people in big business corporations.
17. Marketing fundamentals
- The course is developed by Babson College.
- This business class fundamentally focuses on identifying the target market and acquiring the right customers that can help you to grow your business.
- The course is recommended to entrepreneurs running their businesses and wanting to market their new product or service.
18. Successful negotiation: Essential Strategies and Skills
- The course is developed by the University of Michigan.
- This business class focuses on building negotiation skills that can advance your career. Since negotiation is a key to business success, the course will help you practice negotiation strategies, create contracts, and evaluate outcomes.
The course is recommended for business professionals who want to become successful negotiators in dealing with business transactions.
"Knowledge becomes power only when we put it into use."
With so many options of free online business school instruction available today, you have the opportunity to pick and learn any business or Business-related field to expand your knowledge, leading to increased opportunities.
The ultimate benefit of these business school classes lies in the cost-to-benefit ratio. The students can save thousands of dollars and receive the same excellent instruction from reputed universities globally.
Thank you for these free online business school classes that provide a gateway to advance your career and give you wings to increase your horizons!
In this article, we discussed the 18 of the best business school classes available for free to the students, professionals, and millennials who can take advantage of acquiring new skills that can give them a professional edge.
The spirit of learning tends to accelerate through these free online business courses and pay you off big.
Following are the key takeaways of the article:
- Online business school classes take you on the journey of exploring the topic and depth and building new skills.
- These online business school classes open the doors of learning and help you become an expert in the subject you feel is the best for you.
- There is a list of 18 best business school classes that you can avail yourself for free;
- Entrepreneurship in Emerging Economies
- Global Business in Practice
- Improving your Business through a culture of Health
- Machine learning for data science and Analytics
- Retail fundamentals
- Supply chain dynamics
- Personal finance
- Financial Accounting Made fun
- Effective business writing
- Structuring business agreements for success
- Corporate Finance
- Business blogging
- Business Strategy specialization
- How to build a startup
- Stock Market Investing for Beginners
- Stock Market Investing for Beginners
- Marketing fundamentals
- Successful negotiation: Essential Strategies and Skills
- With so many options of free online business school instructions available, you have the opportunity to pick and learn any business or business-related field that provides you a gateway to advance your career