The GST E-way bill is an electronic documentation meant for tracking all the inter-state movement of goods. This bill can be generated on the E-way bill portal by visiting ewaybill.nic.in and registering themselves. This can be done on the go through mobile App, SMS/text messages as well as offline tools. Post registration a unique E-way bill number (EBN) is allocated to the supplier, recipient, and the transporter.This e-receipt captures all the details of the goods being transported right from point of origin of the consignment, its destination and route, to the name of the consignor as well as the consignee. Thus an E-way bill has to be generated for all movement of goods—within or outside a state—valued at more than Rs 50,000 by prior online registration of the consignment.The supplier and the transporter can upload the details about the shipment. An e-way bill will be valid for a day for a distance less than 100 km. For every 100 km thereafter, the validity will be an additional day from the relevant date. Once an E-way bill is issued, it has to be cancelled within 24 hours. The entire purpose is to prevent underreporting and evasion of taxes.
Rule 138 of the CGST Rules, 2017 with reference to E-way bill mechanism states that ‘information is to be furnished prior to the commencement of movement of goods’ and ‘is to be issued whether the movement is in relation to a supply or for reasons other than supply’. Till 31st May 2018, E-way bill generation for intra-state transaction is optional. However, from 1st June 2018, generation of E-way bill needs to be done for all types of transactions where the distance is more than 10 km.
Who should generate an E-way bill?
- Registered Persons- Every registered person under GST either a consignor/consignee or a recipient must generate an E-way bill before the movement of goods worth more than Rs 50,000.
- Unregistered Persons- When there is an unregistered person under GST but the recipient is registered, the latter needs to ensure that all the compliances are met
- Transporters-Transporters carrying goods by road, air, rail also need to generate e-Way Bill if the supplier has not generated the same.
Deskera’s GST ready software helps you generate E-way bill for bulk transactions
Deskera is an emerging leader of integrated business management software products, being provided on cloud. Deskera is among the first few companies who are GST ready to cater to India’s biggest tax reform and help companies move to GST. Deskera’s products are truly ‘’made in India‘ offering a complete suite of business applications on the cloud. It has a strong presence in the South-East Asian market and are the no. 1 choice of SMEs in the region.
With hands on experience of moving enterprises from non-GST to GST regime, Deskera is the most preferred ERP software for transportation sector of India. Deskera’s GST-ready application provides the ease of creating E-way bill at the click of a button.
- Our application allows you to capture all E-way bill related data via fields which are mandatory for E-way bill template in relevant outward and inward documents.
- Once you have filled in this data, you can extract all this information in an excel sheet and validate using offline tool. Thus avoiding manual data feeding for each transaction.
- After validation E-way bill can be uploaded on the E-way bill portal. Hence Deskera, allows you to generate E-way bill report for bulk transactions.
Other unique features of Deskera:
- Deskera ERP uncomplicates the newly implemented GST taxation by means of a simple, scalable accounts and financial management system.
- It allows you to conduct business on a pan-India basis with a single ERP system.
- Deskera ERP can easily calculate the applicable GST based on the government’s ‘Place of Supply’ rule by virtue of which GST becomes a destination-based tax and is levied at the point of delivery.
- It helps calculate state GST, central GST and integrated GST within one ERP system and generate smart reports for tracking applicable rates in a single view.
- Deskera also allows manufacturers, VAT registered dealers and service tax registered service providers to calculate the Input Tax Credit they can claim under the GST regime.