Deskera HRMS | FAQs
Still looking for answers?
- What does Deskera HRMS offer?
- Deskera HRMS is a comprehensive, integrated Human Resources Management solution that facilitates management of the full range of Human Resource functions and responsibilities. The solution gives organizations the much needed tools to manage their most important asset - 'people'.
From Recruitment Management to Payroll and Personnel Administration, Deskera HRMS offers a variety of HRMS functions to effectively manage HR related processes. It helps in minimizing the manual paperwork and enhances the effectiveness of HR related processes. Screening of applications becomes a much simpler task and the HR managers can now spend more time on core business objectives rather than attending to minor administration tasks.
- How do I access Deskera HRMS?
- To access Deskera HRMS system, all you need to do is login with your username and password provided by your HR Administrator using a web-browser. You do not need to download, install or even setup the application.
- Can anyone else access my personal information?
- Your personal information is completely secure within Deskera HRMS. Role-based access ensures that a user can only access information as per the assigned permission levels on the basis of his/her role and work function.
- What is a 'Mashboard'?
- Deskera HRMS brings to you the next generation of Dashboards – called ‘Mashboards’- which provide new, and hybrid dashboard design techniques, incorporating all the features of the previous generation dashboards in a real time customizable format. They allow 'mashing' or drag-and-drop of content and adding useful applications known as ‘widgets’.
The HRMS Mashboard is a visually intuitive homepage for your Deskera HRMS application where you can find the most important information regarding all major HR functions of your organization including the recruitment process, payroll and performance appraisal and the tasks accomplished by your employees.
- How can I customize the HRMS Dashboard?
- The components in the Deskera HRMS Dashboard can be moved around and re-arranged based on your requirement by dragging and dropping the widgets. This ensures a priority-based unique interface to the dashboard components, for each user of your organization. The users can individually decide the layout of the portal, add and remove and re-arrange the components as per their individual requirements.
- What are Dashboard Widgets? How can I add/remove them from HRMS Dashboard?
- Widgets are small applications that perform a specific task such as managing timesheets, managing payroll and recruitment processes, carrying out performance appraisal, configuring the settings for your organization and more.
You can add widgets to your HRMS dashboard from the 'Widgets Bar', present at the bottom of the screen, to access the most important applications directly from it. The widgets present for Deskera HRMS allow you to manage your timesheets, payroll process, recruitment process, performance appraisal and more. Widgets also allow users to lend a more personal touch to their dashboard by allowing them to choose the applications they wish to see. You can remove a widget from the dashboard by simply closing it from 'x' icon. The removed widget can easily be re-added from the Widgets Bar whenever required.
- How do I add jobs in my timesheet?
- Login with employee username and password; go to 'My Timesheet' under Timesheet Management on the Dashboard. Click on 'Add' to enter the job(s) done by you for a particular day and the time devoted for that job in a grid-type interface. Save the timesheet to get it approved from the approving officer or the HR manager. The total time spent for all the days is displayed at the bottom of the page.
- How is my timesheet approved?
- Only the administrator or the assigned manager has access to either approve or reject your timesheet. As soon as the timesheet is filled in and saved by an employee, it is automatically routed to the designated manager or the concerned person for approval. The approving officer will then match the official work hours and the employee work hours which forms the basis for approval or rejection of the employee timesheet.
- How can I generate reports for my timesheets?
- Comprehensive reports can easily be generated to view the employee timesheets. Go to 'Approve Timesheets' under Timesheet Management on the Dashboard, select any one timesheet out of the list of timesheets and click on 'Generate Reports'. A separate window containing the timesheet report is generated which can be exported to an external location in convenient formats like PDF and CSV. The timesheets can also be depicted in the form of interactive charts and graphs to gain a better insight into employee working hours.
- How do I assign competency for a designation?
- An employee with a particular designation is expected to possess a specific set of competencies for performing the given role efficiently. Deskera HRMS allows you to easily manage competencies required for each designation in your organization.
To assign competencies to different designations, select 'Manage Competencies' link from the Dashboard and Click on 'Assign Competency' link in 'Competency Management' module. A window listing all the competencies and assigned competencies appears. Select a designation from the drop down and easily assign competencies by moving them to the assigned competencies column.
- How to assign goals to an employee?
- Deskera HRMS allows you to assign goals for an employee by selecting 'Goal Settings' under Performance Appraisal from the Dashboard and selecting an employee to assign goals. Click on 'Assign Goals' and add goal(s) by entering the goal details like goal name, description, weightage, context, priority and start and due dates. You may also add comments to the goals by selecting a goal and clicking on 'Add Comments' at the bottom of the page.
- What is the difference between goals and competencies?
- A goal is a projected state of affairs that a person intends to achieve. The goals are assigned individually to all the employees and it is expected of them to achieve the specified goals in the given time with the available resources.
On the other hand, competency is the ability to perform a given task. Every designation in the organization is expected to possess some basic competencies to deliver the expected results. The competencies may be common to a group of individuals but goals are assigned individually.
- How do I initiate appraisal for an employee?
- Performance appraisal helps to strategically review the performance of the employees, their strengths, weaknesses and accomplishments. The appraisal for an employee is initiated by his/her concerned manager or the HR manager.
Login with the administrator or manager username and password and go to 'Initiate Appraisal' under Performance Appraisal on the Dashboard. Select an employee from the list for whom you wish to initiate appraisal. Select an appraisal cycle from the drop down, submission and appraisal dates are auto-generated, select the department of the employee from the drop down and click on 'Initiate' to initiate the appraisal of the selected employee.
- Why are the goals archived?
- The goals which are either completed or do not hold any significance at the current point of time can be archived for future reference. The data entered for the goals remain intact and cannot be edited until and unless the goals are set active. To restore the goals, click on ‘Archive Goals’ under Performance Appraisal, select goal which you wish to restore and click on ‘Unarchive Goals’.
- How do I schedule interview for an applicant?
- The interviews are conducted for shortlisted candidates. Out of the pool of applicants, you can shortlist candidates matching the organization's requirements and schedule interviews accordingly.
To schedule an interview for a shortlisted candidate, follow the steps given below:
1. Select 'All Applications' button in Recruitment Management on the Dashboard.
2. All applications such as Pending, Rejected, Selected and External applications are listed. Select Pending applications tab to view the list of all pending applications.
3. View the status of all candidates and select shortlisted candidate to schedule an interview.
4. A pop up window for scheduling interview appears. Enter the interview details like date, time, venue etc. to schedule interview for that candidate.
- How can I add new job positions?
- New jobs can be added to the existing list by selecting 'Add Jobs' from Recruitment Management on the Dashboard. Select 'Add Job Position' from the window that appears. A pop-up will appear where you can fill in the job position details like position name and description, department, approving manager etc. Click 'Submit' to add new job position. You may also edit or delete the job positions as and when needed.
- From where can I access the details of various recruitment agencies?
- All the details related to the recruitment agencies can be accessed from 'Recruitment Agencies' button under Recruitment Management on the Dashboard. You can access the contact details of the recruitment agencies and manage their details effectively by adding new agencies, editing the existing agencies' details, assigning jobs to the agencies and viewing the jobs assigned.
- How can I apply for internal jobs?
- An employee can apply for internal jobs if a vacancy exists either in the same department or other departments for any designation. This could be done by following the simple steps listed below:
1. Login as an employee by entering your username and password.
2. Select 'Internal Job Board' from the Dashboard.
3. Select the job for which you want to apply from the list of jobs.
4. Click 'Apply' to apply for that particular job position.
- What are Payroll Components?
- Payroll components are the items used for payroll processing like earning, deduction and tax components. You can easily define various types of payroll components such as earning types like Basic, HRA etc, multiple deduction and tax types to exactly match the payroll processing requirements of your organization.
- How can I download my payslip?
- An employee can download his/her present as well as previous payslips for reference. Go to 'Payroll Management' in Payroll on the Dashboard. Go to 'Employee Management' in Payroll Management and select any of the payroll templates listed for various designations. The employees falling under that category are listed. Select the employee for which you want to generate the payslip. The payslip can be generated by clicking on the 'Download Payslip' button at the bottom of the page. The payslip is downloaded in PDF format.
- How can I view my salary details?
- To get the details related to the salary of an employee, follow the steps listed below:
1. Go to 'Payroll Management' from Payroll on the Dashboard.
2. Select 'Employee Management' tab and click on any designation.
3. The list of employees falling under that designation is listed.
4. Select an employee for which you want to generate salary details.
5. Click on 'Salary Details' from the bottom of the page to get an overview of salary structure with breakup of payroll components into earnings, deductions and taxes.
- Where can I view the assigned appraiser / reviewer of the employees?
- The appraiser and reviewer assigned to various employees can be accessed only by the Administrator or the assigned Manager. To view the same, go to 'User Administration' in Administration on the Dashboard. Select 'User List' and view the appraiser and reviewer assigned with other employee details. The appraiser/reviewer can be changed at any point of time by assigning another appraiser/reviewer from the menu. The accessibility permissions for employees can also be defined and employee details can be easily edited at any point of time.
- Are the details for my ex-employees recorded?
- Yes, the profiles of ex-employees are saved and can be accessed by the HR Manager or the administrator. You also have an option of re-hiring them, if the need arises.
To access the ex-employees' details, go to 'User Administration' in Administration on the Dashboard. Select 'Ex-employees' and view / edit their profiles and also re-hire them, if required.
- Can I pre-define the employee / job ID?
- The employee ID and the job ID for employees can be pre-defined in Deskera HRMS so that you don't have to enter these IDs time and again when you add a new employee. To set the employee / job ID, all you need to do is to select 'Master Configuration' from Administration' on the Dashboard. Go to 'Company Preferences' and define the employee and job IDs.
- Are the sub-fields for each master type editable? Can I also add new sub-fields?
- Yes, the sub-fields for master type under master configuration are editable and you can add new sub-fields as and when required.
Go to 'Master Configuration' in Administration on the Dashboard. All the master types are listed on the left hand side. Select a master type to view the sub-fields under it. Click on the sub-field which you want to edit and select 'edit sub-fields' button at the bottom of the screen. A pop-up window to edit the sub-field appears, carry out the changes and click 'Save'.
For adding a new sub-field to a master type, select the master type and click 'add sub-fields' at the bottom of the screen. Fill in the sub-field details in the pop-up window and click 'Save' to add a new sub-field.
You can also delete the sub-field from the delete button given at the bottom of the screen.
- How can I configure appraisal cycle for my organization?
- You can easily configure the appraisal cycle for your organization from the 'Administration - Set Appraisal Cycle' on the Dashboard. Click 'Add' and fill in the details in the window that appears to add a new appraisal cycle. You can also edit the existing appraisal cycles by clicking on 'edit' button.
- Is there any help available in Deskera HRMS?
- Deskera HRMS offers complete assistance wherever you require through the following Help features:
• Getting Started Tips: If you are new to Deskera, get a useful and quick tour of all major features through the Getting Started Tips. The tour will get you started with Deskera within minutes of logging in. Look out for the icon on the top right corner of your screen for viewing these tips.
• Contextual Help: Whenever you need any help regarding any link/button, Deskera provides you with a unique feature wherein you have to just hover your mouse pointer over the link/button and view its details (As shown below).
• Browse through our "Frequently Asked Questions" to find immediate answers to most of your queries.
We are here to help you!
• Find useful tips and tricks on Deskera Blog.
- Are the user activities recorded in Deskera HRMS?
- Yes, all the activities carried out by all users in your organization are recorded in the 'Audit Trail'. It can be accessed by the Administrator from the Audit Trail link on the HRMS Dashboard. You may simplify your search by selecting the transaction for which you want to track the activities. The IP address information helps you to track the source from where the modifications have been carried out in the HRMS application.