GDPR & Deskera
What is GDPR?
The General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (GDPR) is a data protection and privacy regulation in the European Union (EU) and the European Economic Area (EEA). It also addresses the transfer of personal data outside the EU and EEA.
The law applies to any globally operating company, as long as they have a European footprint.
What has Deskera done to be GDPR compliant?
Data protection and privacy is a high priority for Deskera. Consequently, we have taken the following steps to ensure compliance:
- Data Maps have been created to track personal data flows throughout our systems and services
- GDPR compliant data processing records have been generated
- Vendor agreements include GDPR compliant terms
- Processes have been put in place for managing key data subject rights
- GDPR compliant DPA (Data Processing Addendum) has been produced
- The privacy notice has been updated for GDPR compliance
- Incident response procedures have been updated for processing any data breach notifications
- A Data Protection Officer (DPO) has been appointed to champion GDPR practices in Deskera
- DPIA (Data Protection Impact Assessment) procedures have been integrated into our product development cycle
What do I need to do to be GDPR compliant?
GDPR compliance obligations vary from business to business and it's your choice whenit comes to sharing data on services (People, Books, CRM, etc) offered by Deskera. In order to check if these suit you, it is recommended that you review Terms of Service, Data Processing Agreements, Privacy Policies.