Deskera ERP | FAQs
Sales and Billing Management
Customer and Vendor Management
Still looking for answers?
- What does Deskera ERP offer?
- Deskera ERP is intuitive, easy to use ERP software that facilitates recording and processing of all the financial transactions. From invoices, purchase orders and inventory tracking to receipts, Deskera ERP provides a quick and efficient way to manage your financial ERP processes. The paperwork involved in the ERP process is eliminated and all the transactions are performed online.
- How do I access Deskera ERP?
- To access Deskera ERP, all you need to do is login with your username and password provided by your Administrator using a web-browser. You do not need to download, install or even setup the application.
- Can anyone else access my personal information?
- Your personal information is completely secure within Deskera ERP. Role-based access ensures that a user can only access information as per the assigned permission levels on the basis of his/her role and work function.
- What is 'Quick Search'?
- 'Quick Search' allows you to get search results as soon-as-you-type without even hitting the enter button. This functionality provides faster search results from the very first letter you type and is incorporated in all ERP Modules.
- How can I configure automatic number generation for invoices, receipts etc?
- You can automatically generate numbers for invoices, receipts etc in any customized format using letters, special characters and numbers through 'Account Preference' link on your Dashboard. Build the format according to your convenience and put in zeroes (at least 6) in the format wherever you want the number to be generated automatically For Example: Entering A0B00C000 will generate automatic numbers as A0B00C001- A0B00C999, A0B01C000 - A0B99C999 and A1B00C000 - A9B99C999.
- How can I configure templates for exporting invoices, receipts etc in PDF format?
- Export ERP transactions such as Invoices, Purchase Order, Sales Order, Credit Note, Payment Receipts and more in PDF format for easily viewing, sending or printing these details. You can also easily export ERP reports such as financial reports, aged receivables, aged payables and more in PDF format. Deskera ERP allows you to customize the export format by defining Export templates. You can create a new template easily by clicking on 'Create New' in the window displayed on clicking 'Export to PDF format'. You can easily configure the title, header and footer notes, date, paging, page border, page layout, company logo, background color, text color and more to create a new template. These templates can be saved in Deskera ERP which allows you to quickly export by selecting a pre-defined template and clicking 'Export'. You can also choose the columns you want to export by clicking on 'Select Columns', selecting the required columns, configuring their width and clicking 'Export' to download PDF file in the required format.
- Can I choose columns to export invoices, receipts etc in CSV format?
- Export ERP details such as Invoices, Purchase Order, Sales Order, Credit Note, Payment Receipts and more in CSV format for viewing, editing in spreadsheet format. You can easily choose the columns you want to export by clicking on 'Export to CSV file', selecting the required columns and clicking 'Export' to download CSV file in the required format.
Sales and Billing Management
- How do I create a Sales Order in Deskera ERP?
- Creating Sales Order in Deskera ERP is quite an easy task. Click on ‘Create Sales Order’ under Sales and Billing Management and sales order page is displayed. Select the customer name, enter the product type, fill in other fields and click on ‘Save’. The Sales Order would be saved and can be viewed under Sales Order Report.
- Can I generate a receipt for the payment made by the customer?
- Yes, you have the option of generating receipt for the payment made by the customer. This can be easily done by clicking on ‘Receive Payment’ under Sales and Billing Management. Select Receipt Type from the available options and click on ‘Submit’. Enter the required field under ‘Receive Payment’ and click on ‘Save’. The record would be saved and can be viewed from Payments Received in Transaction Records.
- How can I generate an invoice in Deskera ERP?
- An invoice is a commercial document issued by a seller to the buyer, indicating the products, quantities and agreed prices for products or services the seller has provided to the buyer. To create an invoice, go to ‘Create Customer Invoice’ under Sales and Billing Management on the Dashboard. You can also link the invoice to the sales order or can also create invoice without linking it to sales order. When the invoice is linked to a sales order, the corresponding customer details are auto-generated. Invoice can also be saved for future reference.
- What is a credit note?
- A credit note is a commercial document issued by a seller to the buyer, stating that a certain amount has been credited to the buyer's account. A credit note is also referred to as credit memo and it is issued in various situations to correct a mistake, such as:
• When an invoice amount is overstated,
• Correct discount rate is not applied,
• Goods are spoiled within the guarantee period, and
• Goods do not meet the buyer's specifications and hence are returned.
To be precise, a transaction that reduces Amounts Receivable from a customer is a credit memo/credit note. For example: The customer could return damaged goods.
- How do I create a credit note?
- If you need to refund your customers on a credit basis i.e. in the near future, generate a credit note for the transaction. Customers can use this credit memo to get a refund in future purchases. The credit note can be created by selecting 'Create Credit Note' under Sales and Billing Management on the Dashboard. Select a customer against whom a credit note is to be generated from the drop down and then select an invoice for which credit note is to be made.
- How do I create a cash purchase receipt?
- Creating ‘Cash Purchase’ in Deskera ERP is quite simple. Click on ‘Create Cash Purchase’ under Purchase Management, Cash Purchase page would be displayed. Select the vendor name and enter the other fields. Also select the discount and product tax. Select the product type, enter the other fields and click on ‘Save’. The Cash Purchase would be saved and can be viewed under Vendor Invoice and Cash Purchase Report.
- How do I create a debit note?
- A debit note is generated for your vendors for reducing your account payables in cases, such as return of damaged goods, error in billing etc. To create a debit note, click on 'Create Debit Note' under Purchase Management on the Dashboard and select a vendor from the drop down against whom the debit note is to be made. Select the goods receipt for that vendor and create the debit note.
- How can I make payment for the goods purchased?
- The payment can be made by selecting 'Make Payment' under Purchase Management on the Dashboard. A pop-up window prompting for payment type appears. Select whether you want to make the payment against goods receipt or otherwise. If you select to pay against the goods receipt, select an account from the drop down and all the goods receipt against that account will be listed. Select the payment type-whether cash, credit, cheque, card etc., fill in the other details, change the payment amount if you want and click save to make payment.
- How can I change the account settings for my Company?
- You can change the account settings and configure them according to your Company requirements. This could be done by selecting the 'Account Preferences' in Company Preferences on the Dashboard. You can configure the Financial Year settings by changing the start and end dates and also change the account settings. You can automatically generate numbers for invoices, receipts etc in any customized format using letters, special characters and numbers. Build the format according to your convenience and put in zeros (at least 6) in the format wherever you want the number to be generated automatically.
- What is the significance of Chart of Accounts?
- Chart of Accounts (COA) is a repository wherein you can easily maintain all your accounts including income, expense, bank accounts and more. You can also add/view all the account types, add new types with their nature and whether they affect the gross profit and can also add or delete these account types as and when required. The COA reports can also be exported in either CSV or PDF formats.
You can access Chart of Accounts from the Dashboard under Account Management - 'Chart of Accounts'. Add new Account details in COA. You may also add a sub-account to an existing account. Edit/delete or export the accounts whenever required.
- How can I define the payment method and payment terms?
- You can define your own payment terms, payment method and unit of measure. Go to 'Master Configuration' under Master Settings. Select Payment Method and fill in the method and account name and detail type to add a new payment method. Similarly, you can add new payment terms and units of measure.
- How do I create a journal entry?
- A journal entry is basically logging or recording of all ERP transactions at a single location. Miscellaneous transactions are recorded in journal entries which are otherwise not recorded in the application through customer/vendor transactions.
To make a journal entry, click 'Make a journal entry' under Account Management on the Dashboard, specify a journal entry number and date. Enter the type-whether debit or credit, select account from the drop down and also add amount. The amounts for both debit and credit side should always remain the same.
- How can I benefit from Deskera Financial Reports?
- Deskera ERP enables you to generate computerized financial statements at any point of time during the financial period which empowers you to map all the financial transactions in real time effectively. The financial reports generated are beneficial in a number of ways:
• With the help of these reports, one can map all the financial transactions and General Ledger accounts in real time.
• One can monitor all cash transactions entered into the system for any time duration.
• You can also monitor all transactions for a bank account for any time duration with the help of reports.
• View both current snapshots as well as long-term forecasts of assets, liabilities and net worth of the company. Drill down to view details for any asset or liability groups.
• View a comprehensive work sheet showing the balances in each account - which enables you to maintain the equality between debits and credits.
- Can I export Financial Reports in PDF Format?
- Yes, you can export ERP reports such as financial reports, aged receivables, aged payables and more in PDF format. Deskera ERP allows you to customize the export format by defining the export templates. You can create a new template easily by clicking on 'Create New' in the window displayed on clicking ‘Export to PDF format'. You can easily configure the title, header and footer notes, date, paging, page border, page layout, company logo, background color, text color and more to create a new template. These templates can be saved in Deskera ERP which allows you to quickly export by selecting a pre-defined template and clicking 'Export'. You can also choose the columns you want to export by clicking on 'Select Columns', selecting the required columns, configuring their width and clicking 'Export' to download PDF file in the required format.
- Can I export Financial Reports in CSV format?
- Export ERP reports such as financial reports, aged receivables, aged payables and more in CSV format for viewing, editing in spreadsheet format. You can easily choose the columns you want to export by clicking on 'Export to CSV file', selecting the required columns and clicking 'Export' to download CSV file in the required format.
Customer and Vendor Management
- How do I create a new customer in Deskera ERP?
- You can easily create a customer in Deskera ERP by clicking on ‘Create Customer’ under Sales and Billing Management. A pop-up window to enter customer information would be displayed. Enter the details in the fields and click on ‘Save’. The new customer will be added and would be displayed under Customer List.
- How do I create a new vendor in Deskera ERP?
- A vendor can be easily created by clicking on ‘Create Vendor’ under Purchase Management. A pop-up window to enter vendor information would be displayed. Enter the required field and click on ‘Save’. The new customer will be added and would be displayed under Vendor List.
- How can I manage customer details in Deskera ERP?
- The contact details of customers can be accessed from Customer Management under Customer, Vendor & Product Management. You may also add new customer details, modify the existing whenever required, export the contacts to an external location in convenient formats and also generate charts for top key customers.
- How can I manage vendor details in Deskera ERP?
- For managing contact details of vendors, go to Vendor Management under Customer, Vendor & Product Management. You can get vendor details like their email address, contact numbers, contact address etc. You may also add new vendors, edit the existing vendor details, export vendor details to an external location in PDF or CSV formats and also generate interactive charts for top key vendors.
- How do I add a new product?
- A new product to the existing list of products can be added by selecting 'Product List' in Product Preferences on the Dashboard. A list of all the products and services is generated which can be easily edited. To add a new product, go to Product menu, select 'add new product' and fill in the details in the pop-up window. You can also mention the reorder quantity, reorder level, lead time, initial quantity and initial price. Through reorder details you can easily estimate the time to place an order.
- Can I change the product price at a later point of time?
- The price of product(s) can be changed at any point of time. All you need to do is go to Product Management under Customer, Vendor & Product Management, select a product for which you change the price, click 'add new price' and fill in the entries in the pop-up window. You may change either the purchase price or sale price or both, depending on your requirement.
The 'Price List' option helps you to get an overview of the sale and purchase price of the selected product.
- How do I generate inventory report?
- The inventory report can be generated by selecting Product Management under Customer, Vendor & Product Management on the Dashboard and clicking ‘Inventory Valuation Report’ after selecting a product from the list. The inventory report gives you a complete product overview through details such as opening and present stock condition, current purchase and sale price, reorder quantity and reorder level. The quantity remaining after every sale or purchase transaction is displayed which helps a great deal in estimating the quantity which needs to be reordered.
- How do I calculate depreciation for an asset?
- Depreciation forms a major part of the cost involved with an asset. Deskera ERP helps you to calculate the depreciation on an asset by clicking on ‘Fixed Asset Depreciation’ on the header of the Dashboard. ‘Fixed Asset Report’ page appears where in you have the option of adding a new asset, editing the existing one as well as adjusting and posting depreciation on the selected asset.
- Can I set different currencies in the system? How can I configure Currency Exchange Rate in Deskera ERP?
- Yes, you can easily configure currencies for all your transactions in Deskera ERP. Access the ‘Currency Exchange’ feature by clicking on ‘Currency Exchange’ on the header of the Dashboard. Here in, you can configure the currency settings as per your requirement for further transactions in Deskera ERP.
- Is there any help available in Deskera ERP?
- Deskera ERP offers complete assistance wherever you require through the following Help features:
• Getting Started Tips: If you are new to Deskera, get a useful and quick tour of all major features through the Getting Started Tips. The tour will get you started with Deskera within minutes of logging in. Look out for the icon on the top right corner of your screen for viewing these tips.
• Contextual Help: Whenever you need any help regarding any link/button, Deskera provides you with a unique feature where in you have to just hover your mouse pointer over the link/button and view its details. (As shown below)
• Browse through our "Frequently Asked Questions" to find immediate answers to most of your queries.
We are here to help you!
• Discuss on Deskera Forum. Find useful tips and tricks on Deskera Blog.
- How can I monitor the user activities in Deskera ERP?
- You can easily monitor user activities in the system using the 'Audit Trail' functionality which provides an Audit Log of parameters such as activity, user IP, username, timestamp of all user activities in Deskera ERP. You can use filters related to ERP Modules to easily search activities related to purchasing, sales, accounts and more. Search-as-you-type functionality allows you to quickly search through Audit Trail records.